Drill rigs continually get upgraded to apply higher pull downs loads and are powered to rotate the drill string faster.
The bearing races are put to extreme stress. Water is used to suppress dust and adds to corrosion stress on the bearings. Focus tricone bits are designed for these tough demands of today's mining industry.
Features of Focus Bits for mining applications:
- Large bearing elements with maximum load taking capacity.
- Maximum air passages for effective cooling.
- Maximum grip length of buttons for extended cutting structure retention.
- Measured mix of sharp carbide insert shapes and insert count to blend aggression with robustness.
- Shirttail protection of three types based on the formation type.