Atlas Copco has strong positions globally and is market leader in most segments where it offers products and solutions.
The Group concentrates on strengthening its position within segments where it is already strong and has core competence.
To reach the vision, First in Mind—First in Choice ®, the Group has three overall strategic directions:
- Organic and acquired growth
- Strengthened aftermarket
- Innovations and continuous improvements
Organic and acquired growth
Growth should primarily be organic, supported by selected acquisitions.
Growth can be achieved by:
- geographic expansion by opening new customer centers or adding distributors
- deeper market penetration, by recruiting more service and sales personnel
- acquiring more channels to the market, like more brands
- continuously launching new products, etc.
The aftermarket comprises accessories, consumables, parts, service, maintenance, and training.
A strengthened aftermarket offers a stable revenue stream, high growth potential, high profit potential, and optimized business processes. By listening to customers, product developers get a better understanding of the customers' needs.
Innovations and continuous improvements
To be a market leader demands continuous substantial investment in research and development. Customers should be offered first class products and solutions that increase their productivity. The products and solutions should provide extra benefits for the customer compared to their predecessor or to the competition.