Atlas Copco’s GA 15-26 kW oil-injected screw compressors get a boost in efficiency
December 2014, Antwerp, Belgium – Atlas Copco’s updated GA 15-26 range is an economical and reliable solution for applications that require a constant flow of compressed air. This “fixed speed” oil-injected screw compressor offers improved Free Air Delivery at reduced power consumption and lower noise levels.
Improved gear-driven drive train boosts Free Air Delivery
Major energy and performance improvements come from the GA’s drive train, which features an IE3 motor (NEMA Class 1) and a new, in-house designed compressor element. Compared to belt-driven variants, the gear-driven GA 15-26 wins 3% in efficiency. Reduced pressure drops and improved cooling flow account for another 2% performance increase, bringing the total Free Air Delivery gain to 5% on average, over the complete range.
The GA delivers more air at the same power consumption and does so in silence. The new drive train is more energy-efficient and also the new cooling fan consumes less and is quieter than its predecessor. Overall, the Specific Energy Requirement (SER) is improved with 2% on average. All these new components have reduced the sound level of these units to as low as 65 dB(A), making a major difference when the compressor is operated close to the point of use.
Flexibility in options
To tailor the GA 15-26 to any requirement a workshop may have, a wide range of options is available. They include integrated dryer and filters for high-quality air, a factory-mounted receiver and various solutions for extreme climates.
For more informations, please contact:
- John Senay, Product Manager Oil-injected Screw Compressors below 30kW
+32 (0)3 750 81 96
+32 (0) 470 22 67 10
Atlas Copco is a world-leading provider of sustainable productivity solutions. The Group serves customers with innovative compressors, vacuum solutions and air treatment systems, construction and mining equipment, power tools and assembly systems. Atlas Copco develops products and service focused on productivity, energy efficiency, safety and ergonomics. The company was founded in 1873, is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a global reach spanning more than 180 countries. In 2013, Atlas Copco had revenues of BSEK 84 (BEUR 9.7) and more than 40 000 employees.
Industrial Air is a division within Atlas Copco's Compressor Technique business area. It develops, manufactures and markets oil-injected and oil-free air compressors, gas generators, air treatment solutions and compressor controls and monitoring under several brands. In addition to serving a wide variety of industries, dedicated solutions are also available for marine, railway and oil and gas customers. The division's focus and main drive is to further improve its customers' productivity. The divisional headquarters and main production center are located in Antwerp, Belgium.