- Certified 100% oil-free air – ZT-MED compressors provide 100% pure, clean airthat complies with ISO 8573-1 CLASS 0 (2010) certification. CLASS 0 means zero risk of contaminating hospital pipelines; zero risk for patients; zero risk of damaging expensive equipment (e.g., anesthesia machines); and zero risk of damaging your hospital’s hard-won professional reputation. In 2006, Atlas Copco was the first manufacturer in the world to receive such certification for an oil-free compressor.
- Quiet operation – The vertical layout of the coolers reduces the noise levels from the fan, motor and element. Moreover, ZT-MED compressors are supplied in a sound-insulated canopy, thus avoiding the need for additional sound isolation.
- Advanced control and monitoring – To maximize efficiency and reliability, the Elektronikon® MkV controls the main drive motor and regulates the system. In combination with the ES-Medical Central Controller, your Medical Air Plant is under full control and monitoring.
- Easy maintenance – The robust air inlet filter offers a long lifetime and high reliability for long service intervals and low maintenance needs.
- Full compliance– The Medical Air Plant uAIR series based on ZT-MED compressors is precertified according to MDD 93/42/EEC, which simplifies your installation and commissioning process. It is designed and manufactured according to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and the ISO 13485:2003 quality management system and surpasses the requirements of the most demanding standards and regulations such as:
- Medical Device Directive MDD 93/42/EEC
- European pharmacopoeia
- EN ISO 7396-1
- ISO 14971
- Health Technical Memorandums HTM 02-01 and HTM 2022.
Online tool assists with correct sizing of Medical Air Plants
It is a common task for hospital engineers, developers or medical specialists to select the appropriate components for a hospital’s medical air plant. To help with this often complex task, Atlas Copco introduces a new medical air plant calculation tool. This software tool assists with selecting the size and quantity of the compressors needed, as well as the medical purifiers and the vessels for a specified flow requirement.
Try it out: Medical Air Plant Calculation Tool