New Odex G3 increases productivity and reliability in overburden casing drilling
The third generation of Atlas Copco’s Odex under-reaming systems has now been developed, making casing drilling with Odex equipment more productive and reliable than ever.
Designed and engineered in close co-operation with users, the new system has been developed in response to market demand for increased productivity, improved reliability and lower drilling costs.
Odex G3 reamers are equipped with high quality carbide inserts for longer life. There is also a no-thread locking mechanism that attaches the pilot bit to the guide (Patents Pending) which makes it impossible for the system to break apart during drilling.
Arto Määttä, Managing Director, and one of three brothers who jointly own the company, says: “Atlas Copco’s work to develop and improve casing drilling systems has brought new concepts to the market like the Symmetrix method, and now the Odex G3 which drastically improve the contractor’s productivity and profitability.
There are seven sizes in the new system ranging from 3-4 inch hammers (Odex 90) to 6-8 inch hammers) Odex 190.
For further information please contact:
- Mark Bernthaler, Marketing Manager Ground Engineering
+43 (0)4245 65 166 810 or +43 (0)664 345 35 32
- Jukka Ahonen, Product Manager overburden drilling equipment
+358 (0)3 347 58 00 or +358 (0)400 793 534
- Mathias Lewén, Vice President Communications
+46 (0)8 587 785 40 or +46 (0)70 240 80 06
- Picture 400884: The new Atlas Copco Odex G3. This new generation under-reaming system is lighter, stronger and more effective. It has a non-thread pilot bit, a unique locking mechanism between the bit and the guide, and a larger swing angle for the reamer, all providing significant productivity improvements
- Picture 400885: The location of the flushing holes on the new Atlas Copco Odex G3 helps to keep the reamer clean which, in turn, makes it easier to retract the bit from the hole.
- Picture 400886: The new Atlas Copco Odex G3 is fitted with high quality carbide inserts for high penetration and longer life.
- Picture 400893: Arto Määtä, Managing Director of Sotkamon Porakaivo Oy, the largest well drill and pile drilling company in Finland: “Atlas Copco concepts like Symmetrix and Odex G3 drastically improve the contractor’s productivity.”