The new 8 Series compressor range from Atlas Copco is the result of over a decade of continuous development. For the first time, it’s possible to transport behind a normal passenger car, with no special driving license, a compressor that can produce up to 5 m3/min of air, with a full size fuel tank, aftercooler and generator all incorporated into a compact and lightweight package.
This is all made possible by the latest development in our pioneering air element design, meaning we can produce a compressor up to 150kg lighter than comparable models. However, we understand that this means nothing without efficiency. Efficiency can mean many things, such as: reduced service time, fuel consumption or increased utilization. The 8 Series ticks all the boxes when it comes to delivering outstanding performance in all of these categories.
Lastly, depending on your application you might ask about robustness, durability, ruggedness or toughness – we have one simple word for all of the above – The HardHat®. This legendary canopy was born in 2005 and the8 Series features the latest, toughest design.
Features & benefits
- Top tank to ensure no leakage and engine does not run dry
- Starter motor protection system
- Anti-air lock system for guaranteed engine starting
- Undercarriage made from a single corrosion free sheet. No welding at all.
- Spillage free frame
- Threaded hose connection and encased wire routings for extra protection
- Spin on separator and oil filter
- Battery on/off switch
- Generator and aftercooler options and still below 750 Kg
- HardHat® canopy for longer lifetime and higher residual value