Atlas Copco’s BBR series of oil-lubricated reciprocating compressors meet your needs for high-pressure compressed natural gas at 250 and 310 bar(g). Compact, with very low vibration levels and a sealed crankcase, BBR compressors are the perfect solution for the compression of CNG. They can be fitted in packages with air-cooled exchangers and gas prime movers to give you robust, reliable compression solutions. BBR compressors conform to API 618, 661, 11 P, T.E.M.A.
VIP units are designed for the unloading of trailers. They utilize the pressure of the trailer gas tor reduce the daughter station power requirements. VIP accept variable inlet pressure down to 15 bar G. Discharge pressure is 250 bar. Motor power 75 kW.
- Safety – A sealed crankcase ensures no gas emission to the atmosphere.
- Versatility – BBR compressors accept any inlet pressures up to 60 bar. They are available for direct drive from electric or gas prime movers.
- High reliability – Horizontal opposed piston technology offers field-proven ruggedness and reliability. BBR compressors are balanced for minimal vibrations. Point-to-point lubrication significantly reduces wear on valves and rings. Synthetic rings are used on all stages for low friction and long life. Efficient rod seals minimize uncontrolled crankcase oil migration to the compression cylinder.
- Easy maintenance – Oil top-up is possible without depressurizing the crankcase. Lightweight components ease maintenance tasks.
- Plug-and-run package – BBR compressors come as all-in plug-and-run packages to provide reliable CNG compression units with multiple benefits:
o Air cooling: no extra cooling tower is required
o Fin fans and heat exchangers never need replacement
o Direct drive: coupled to main driver unit (electric or gas)
o No power transformer or gen-set required
o Integrated blow-down
o Remote monitoring
o Encased in robust steel frame; minimal foundations required.
|Capacity FAD (l/s)||0 - 993 l/s|
|Working pressure||250 - 310 bar(e)|
|Installed motor power||250 kW|
|Inlet pressure||0.5 - 60 bar|
|Gases handled||Natural gas |