Atlas Copco launches the Explorac 100 reverse circulation drilling rig
Atlas Copco’s new Explorac 100 is a reverse circulation drilling rig designed specifically for exploration drilling to depths of 100–200 meters. It combines a compact and robust design with the power necessary for fast collection of quality samples.
Reverse circulation is gaining ground as a preferred technology to collect quality samples in initial exploration, ore body development and in-pit grade control due to its cost efficiency and fast collection of dry, quality samples.
“The launch of Explorac 100 is a firm response to increasing demand for personal safety and environmental care. It offers the efficiency and performance required by contractors, such as fast setup and drilling speeds, easy maintenance, reduced noise levels and minimum oil spillage, and enables the collection of high-quality samples requested by geologists,” says Martin Sommers, Vice President Marketing – Capital Equipment at Atlas Copco Geotechnical Drilling and Exploration division. “Following the launch earlier this spring of the Explorac 235 for medium-depth drilling, this launch confirms our position in the reverse circulation segment”.
Atlas Copco can provide a complete solution for reverse circulation drilling, including drilling rig, compressor, booster and drill string.
- Rod handling as standard, including a 30-pipe rack
- A mechanized breakout table with two spanners
- The operator’s panel is strategically placed on a tripod or carried on the operator’s shoulder
- Low noise level for improved safety and work environment
- Tier III, Cummins power pack, 82 kW, ensuring fuel efficient operations
- Hydraulic tank of cyclone type with 30 % oil volume compared to conventional tanks, reducing the rig's carbon footprint.
For further information please contact:
- Martin Sommers, Vice President Marketing, Capital Equipment
+46 (0)8 587 786 45
+46 (0)73 275 86 45 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lars Gellerhed, Product Line Manager, Reverse Circulation and Deep hole applications
+46 (0)8 587 785 62
+46 (0)70 417 85 62
- Mikael Wester, Communications Manager
+46 (0)8 587 786 84
+46 (0)70 810 01 87
Geotechnical Drilling and Exploration is a division within Atlas Copco’s Mining and Rock Excavation Technique business area. It develops, manufactures, and markets equipment for exploration drilling and geotechnical engineering. The division is headquartered in Märsta, Sweden, with five production units in North America, Europe and Asia.