Atlas Copco to utilize mandates to sell and repurchase shares
Stockholm, Sweden, April 30, 2012: The Board of Atlas Copco AB has decided to use the mandates granted by the Annual General Meeting for the repurchase and sale of shares at one or more occasions until the next AGM.
The mandates cover:
1) The purchase of not more than 4 550 000 series A shares, whereof a maximum 3 500 000 may be transferred to personnel stock option holders under the Performance Stock Option Plan 2012.
2) The purchase of not more than 70 000 series A shares, later to be sold on the market in connection with payment to Board members who have opted to receive synthetic shares as part of their board fee.
3) The sale of not more than 15 000 series A shares to cover costs related to previously issued synthetic shares to Board members.
4) The sale of maximum 4 700 000 series A shares and maximum 1 200 000 series B shares currently held by the company, for the purpose of covering costs of fulfilling obligations related to the performance stock option plans 2007, 2008 and 2009.
Repurchases and sales are subject to market conditions, regulatory restrictions and the capital structure at any given time.
The number of issued shares is presently 1 229 613 104, whereof 839 394 096 series A shares and 390 219 008 series B shares. The company holds 14 709 811 series A shares and 1 138 879 series B shares.
For further information please contact:
- Daniel Frykholm, Media Relations Manager
+46 (0)8 743 8060 or +46 (0)70 865 8060
Atlas Copco discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Markets Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act.
Atlas Copco is an industrial group with world-leading positions in compressors, expanders and air treatment systems, construction and mining equipment, power tools and assembly systems. With innovative products and services, Atlas Copco delivers solutions for sustainable productivity. The company was founded in 1873, is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a global reach spanning more than 170 countries. In 2011, Atlas Copco had 37 500 employees and revenues of BSEK 81 (BEUR 9).