Membrane nitrogen generation
If your professional processes require N₂, a membrane nitrogen generator from Atlas Copco could be the ideal solution:
- A continuous supply of nitrogen with a stable purity, from 95% to 99.5%
- No moving parts and a simple separation process ensure reliable operation and minimal maintenance needs.
- Small footprint and a very quiet operation allow installation right on your production floor.
- Fast and straightforward start-up and commissioning.
Explore the range
What is membrane nitrogen generation?
A membrane generator extracts the N₂ in the air supplied by a compressor so that it can be used for professional applications. The compressed air is pushed through a membrane filled with hollow fibers. Oxygen and water vapor dissipate through the fiber walls and are vented out. This leaves only the very dry nitrogen inside the fibers, pushed out on the other end of the membrane, ready for you to use. For more about membrane technology, check out this article.
Benefits of on-site nitrogen generation
Tired of buying expensive bottled or liquid nitrogen? An on-site generator is the cost-efficient, flexible solution:
- Sharply reduces the cost per unit of nitrogen
- Gives you the exact purity and amount of nitrogen your applications require
- Saves space because there is no need to store bulky nitrogen containers
- Removes logistics headaches (ordering, handling, storing purchased N₂)
- Improves safety by removing the workplace hazards of pressurized bottles or liquid gas
- Eliminates transportation emissions of purchased gas deliveries
- In combination with a renewable energy supply, allows you to self-produce truly green nitrogen
➥ 6 benefits of on-site gas generation. Watch it here.
Our membrane nitrogen generators
Atlas Copco offers various membrane nitrogen generators to provide you with the optimal solution for your needs. They include the premium NGM⁺, which features the lowest cost of ownership on the market, as well as the low-flow NGMs series.
In the spotlight
Best-in-class solution for on-site nitrogen needs.
Explore our product
Efficiency in low-flow nitrogen generation.