Years in Atlas Copco: 10 Years
Current Role: Marketing Analyst & Team Leader
Your Journey with Atlas Copco:
- I consider ambition, integrity and accountability as my strengths, I also believe baby steps towards a bigger goal creates strong foundation. These values encouraged me to take the Customer Support Officer role at Atlas Copco (Through Team Lease) based out of Kolkata after completing the assignments with IT industry. Work is worship for me hence I have never tried to relate my academic background, which is Master in Computer Application with what I was exactly doing during my initial days.
- The culture of Atlas Copco helped me do my job and also learn every day. Soon I got the opportunity to get under direct payroll of Atlas Copco.
- In the year 2012, there was an opening in Atlas Copco for CTS for Planner position. As an ambitious person, I applied for it, prepared for it and got selected too.
- This position opened a new horizon for me with lots of possibilities as the role was not only engaging but satisfying too . Planning is the backbone of well-organized service industry and being a part of it was a real thrill.
- Within 3 years I again got an opportunity to grow and add more value to the service department as Central Planner. But this time it was also coming with change in Location. I was to shift from Kolkata to Pune. For some, may be this would seem a hurdle in the journey of ambition, but I considered hurdles as challenges which needs to be dealt with and not by-passed. I owe this to my family as well, who could come out of conventional thinking and encouraged me to grab the opportunity.
- So, now when I came to Pune, a new place but still with the old company with excellent culture and people. It was just matter of few days and I was more than ready to be myself at work. Yes there were challenges on personal ground but without challenge life seems to be a blank canvas!
- ‒In my 9th year with Atlas Copco, I got the opportunity to elevate myself from a solo performer to leading a team. Again I grabbed it. It is true this was entirely a new experience. I was aware that just only stretching myself bit more will not bring the success but to have everyone engaged and focus on common goal is the mantra for success. This switch took a little time but again the culture we all are in and the way I look at life made it possible. I try to lead by example, follow a culture of empathy and believe in mutual balance between work relation and business result.
- ‒I am still ambitious and still look up but today I have learnt how to blend personal and work life and to use the commonality between them asa tool to win. I believe everyone, especially working women are more required to bring this balance in their lives so that not only we keep our family and work in sync but also be happy with our life.
What inspires me:
I believe - If you want to learn something new, Atlas Copco will always give you the opportunity ! The continuous development and process improvement steps which Atlas Copco takes , inspires me a lot to take up new challenges to learn new things and collaborate .
What would I like to grow into:
It is not about the role but the value I bring into the role, hence I would like to grow into a leadership position which will enable me to nurture a collaborative culture and bring positive change in my team.