Frequently Asked Questions
We have tried to answer as many of the most frequently asked questions as possible or refer you to other sources of information that may help.
What are the key benefits of on-site gas compared to delivered gas?
- You save up to 80% on the cost of the nitrogen or oxygen compared to buying in nitrogen in bulk
- Payback is usually under 18 months, and the product has a typical lifetime of over 10 years
- A constant supply is ensured: you never have to worry about a delivery not getting to you in time again
- Save space & minimise risk and handling errors: no need for gas bottles/liquid nitrogen tank in the yard
- Simplify administration to save time & money with no weekly deliveries to manage
- Very low running costs: uses your compressed air supply
Are nitrogen generators safe?
Yes. As the generator does not add or take anything away from the atmospheric air, you could have one running in a closed room with no change to the overall content of the atmosphere. They also negate the need to store and move potentially dangerous high pressure cylinders on site.
Will getting a quote mean lots of meetings with engineers, or searching for lots of facts & figures?
No, in order for us to size & price a system for you, we need 4 things:
- The required flow of nitrogen/oxygen
- The required purity of nitrogen/oxygen
- The input pressure of your compressed air supply
- The pressure of the nitrogen/oxygen used in your application
Why don't more companies have generators?
Traditionally, on-site gas generators were only economically viable in very large applications. With constant development, today's high efficiency products ensure that generators are economically viable for the smallest of applications, and an ever increasing number of companies are moving to generate their own nitrogen and oxygen.
Can Atlas Copco supply and install a complete on-site gas generation system with compressed air supply?
Yes, Atlas Copco Compressors can handle everything from air intake to pipework. Please check our typical installation for more information.