Why use an Atlas Copco Compressor?
With our many years of experience and our focus on sustainability and safety, our compressors provide unmatched reliability to the petrochemical industry. Our optimised solutions will allow you to increase your profitability whilst keeping your workplace safe and reducing your costs.
Dependable products for all (petro)chemical applications
Find our complete range of compressor and expander products to meet your application needs.
Gas to Liquid - GTL
Fertalizer - Ammonia, Uria, Nutric Acid
Refineries - MTBE,FCC
Coal to Liquid - CTL
Coal to Methanol - CTM
Gas Aromatics - PTA, Phenol, Caprolactam, Maleic Andrehyde
Syngas - Hydrogen, CO
Ethylene / Propylene
Polyethylene / Polypropylene
Why use Nitrogen in petrochemical and chemical industry?
The inert gas properties of Nitrogen makes it a must have for the chemical and petrochemical industry. Nitrogen is also beneficial for the following reasons:
- Nitrogen helps prevent explosions by keeping hydrocarbons and chemicals liquids from reacting to oxygen during transportation and storage.
- Nitrogen can be used as a substitute when hydrostatic testing cannot be used.
- Nitrogen allows faster cooling of the process catalysts saving you hours of shutdown time.
- Nitrogen foam inerting makes it possible to carry out hot work on hydrocarbon handling systems in complete safety.
- Nitrogen reduce the weight of fluid in the wellbore, allowing the well to flow.
What are the main advantages of generating Nitrogen onsite?
- Many petrochemical & chemical projects are based in remote locations and transporting nitrogen to these locations comes at a huge financial and environmental cost. Opting for onsite nitrogen generation will therefore allow you to save costs whilst ensuring that your brand remains ethical.
23 January, 2019
Sika Limited has virtually halved its batch transfer time after installing a centralised and remotely monitored compressed air and nitrogen system from Atlas Copco.
How we completed a critical ZH compressor overhaul successfully in 9 days instead of 21 at the Solvay factory in Portugal
How BSTS, a chemical manufacturer based in Thailand, takes USD10,000 off its operating costs every year by choosing ZR 75 FF oil-free air compressors