Oxygen for biogas and biomethane production
Have you thought about using an onsite generator to remove hydrogen sulphide from an anaerobic digester? Our oxygen generators are an ideal alternative to bottled gas or cylinders. The benefits include reliability of supply, controlled costs, and the flexibility to generate your own oxygen as and when needed, and at exactly the right purity for your biogas plant.
Oxygen dosing to remove hydrogen sulphide from an anaerobic digester
Did you know that you can remove hydrogen sulphide from an anaerobic digester using oxygen dosing? The oxygen is microdosed into the headspace of the digester where it removes the sulphur.
For this process, the main requirement is to introduce the right mass flow of oxygen, at the right purity. Atlas Copco's oxygen generators provide the required purity with a high flow capacity, and at a controlled cost, making them perfect for dosing anaerobic digesters in biogas and biomethane production.
The OGP & OGP+ oxygen generators offer a reliable and continuous source of oxygen gas. Oxygen self-generation is more cost effective than bottled/liquid oxygen. It does not leave you reliant on timely deliveries and removes the hassle of getting large trucks into rural locations along small lanes.
With a wide range of oxygen generators to choose from, Atlas Copco brings you the right supply of oxygen to meet your specific needs and optimise your production process at the same time.
The benefits of self-generating oxygen for your biogas plant
- Lower operating costs: No rental charges, transport expenses or bulk user evaporation losses (up to 80% more cost-effective vs. delivered; depending on purity, gas and electrical cost).
- Greater safety: No safety hazards when handling high-pressure cylinders.
- Higher productivity: By saving the time that is normally spent on changing tanks, you will ensure that your application runs continuously and without much attention from the operator.
- Better control: Generating your own oxygen means no more ordering, changing and running out of bottles. There will also be no more liquid deliveries to remote locations interrupting production, and you no longer have to deal with suppliers' unpredictable price increases.
- Non-stop availability: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Reduced footprint: Minimising the visits of trucks for oxygen delivery and any related CO2 emissions.
- Only pay for the purity you need: The OGP & OGP+ ranges supply oxygen concentrations from 90% to 95%. If your application only requires 93% purity for example, this is what the oxygen generator will supply at the touch of a button - there is no need to pay for a higher purity than is necessary. This means that on-site generated oxygen comes at a lower cost per unit than bottled or liquid oxygen. Atlas Copco's oxygen generators use Pressure Swing Adsorption technology to isolate oxygen molecules from other molecules in compressed air to leave high purity oxygen at the outlet of the generator.
Ready to use solution
- Only requires a supply of dry compressed air.
- No specialist installation or commissioning.
- Fully automated and monitored including.
- Oxygen sensor as standard.
- Low operating expenses.
- No additional costs such as order processing, refills and delivery charges.
- Limited maintenance costs.
- Robust design.
- Continuous availability (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
- Potential risk of production breakdown due to gas.
- Running out is eliminated.
Advanced monitoring, control & connectivity
Do you operate a smart factory or Industry 4.0 production environment? Atlas Copco’s oxygen generators will fit right in.
Our advanced monitoring, control and connectivity features allow you to optimise performance and efficiency.
Always at your service
We pride ourselves on the swift assistance that keeps your Atlas Copco oxygen system performing reliably and efficiently.
Atlas Copco is a truly global organisation with support available in more than 160 countries. As a result, one of our 4850 field service engineers is never far away.
Service plan: Our service plans keep your Atlas Copco oxygen system in excellent shape.
Stand-by solutions: Atlas Copco help is available 24/7. We keep spare parts in stock so you are up and running again as quickly as possible.
Rental: Our rental services meet your temporary compressed air needs. With Customer Centers strategically located around the globe, Atlas Copco Rental can provide a solution for virtually any application.
Biomethane providing clean gas to the grid with help from an Atlas Copco oxygen generator
1 August, 2019
An Atlas Copco oxygen generator is helping Nat-Ur-Gas Solschen produce clean methane at their biogas plant in Germany. Desulphurisation of biogas using oxygen results in a sustainable energy source for the grid. An added benefit is the reduction in operating costs through improved energy efficiency – by up to 50%. The use of a Variable Speed Compressor from Atlas Copco also allows tight control of oxygen content below the lower explosive limit, thus ensuring the safety of the plant.
Oxygen for biogas and biomethane production