Compressor Technique Information Services (CT-IS) is responsible for information systems within the Compressor Technique business area of Atlas Copco. We implement digital platforms and digital solutions for our customers, our suppliers, and our internal organization to optimize and automate processes.
As we have a global scope for the complete business area, we aim for business process alignment to maximize synergies. We are mainly based in Belgium, with teams in the US, India and China.
We are looking for a passionate and committed IT Team Leader who can lead the Manufacturing Applications team and scope.
The Manufacturing applications team is responsible for the lifecycle of manufacturing operations related systems. Example domains: Production planning & scheduling, manufacturing execution systems (MES), warehouse management (WMS), shop floor logistics, quality management, plant maintenance, industrial automation applications, manufacturing KPI business intelligence, etc. A specific focus is expected regarding industry 4.0 concepts (Digital twin, IOT and Data projects).
As the manufacturing applications are supporting the core of our business operations, and have the highest level of criticality, we are looking for a strong and experienced candidate who can lead this track.
- You know your customers and your value proposition. You talk to several companies and their departments to understand their IT needs. You are their key single point of contact. You define a solution for a business problem, this together with your team members, and other supporting people or services. Understanding the business processes is crucial in this role. In this function you will report regularly on different levels within the organization. You help in establishing short and long term IT roadmaps.
- You lead the team and activities within the manufacturing domain.
You have accountability for the applications in scope. This with regards to roadmaps, ongoing projects, as well as day-to-day operations. Hence, you will have both operational and budgetary responsibilities. You demonstrate good communications and negotiation skills as you also need to interact with suppliers. You make sure your scope is in line with business and IT strategy.
- You lead projects from feasibility study to closure. You work in close cooperation with different people (like key users, project members and management) to analyze the business requirements in scope and to translate them into IT solutions that can be developed or implemented. You guarantee a qualitative delivery in line with agreed timing and budget. You make an aftercare structure available for your projects.
- You know your competition. You should know what real or potential alternatives exist to your business capability.
- You know your workforce. You are an excellent people manager. In your role as team leader you will manage a team consisting of technical and functional people. You show the ability to develop team competences, coach your team members and coordinate team activities. You will have team members, onsite as well as offsite, either internal or external.
You work in an international environment and will be in contact with people of different nationalities. Occasional travel may be required. You will report to the IT Competence Center Manager.
Skills and experience
- You have a university degree in business, engineering, economics, informatics or equal by experience
- You have very strong analytical skills
- You have an excellent level of English
- Dutch language skills are considered as a strong asset
- You have at least 5 years of experience in project management
- You have at least 3 years of experience in application governance and support
- You have at least 3 years of experience in people management
- You have a proven track record within the domain of manufacturing or supply chain
- You have a strong ability to communicate, build relationship and influence others inside and outside IT
- Experience in .NET/Java development projects, MES, WMS, ERP, BI are strong assets
- Experience in business case development is an asset
- Experience in market and competitor analysis is an asset
Are we a good fit?
- You have strong leadership skills
- You are customer oriented, enthusiastic and professional
- You have self-drive and passion
- You can work under pressure and are flexible
- You have a proactive attitude and always strive for continuous improvement
- You are able to cooperate with different levels in the organization, with different people and cultures
- You are a real team player, able to motivate people
- You have good negotiation skills
- You are inquisitive and eager to learn
- You are a strong communicator with excellent presentation skills
- You understand the dynamics of change management
- You can maintain good relations with external parties
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
Learn more at www.atlascopcogroup.com