We are recruiting for a multi-skilled Sales and Project Engineer, with a Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering background to work in our Atlas Copco Ireland team. Our team are passionate about improving productivity and are committed to continuously improving how our processes work.
We provide pre-packaged and bespoke compressed air and gas solutions to meet challenging specifications for customers. Often used in essential industries such as Food Production, Pharmaceutical, Electronics and the Oil & Gas industry, our packages need to perform safely, reliably, and efficiently no matter what, as they are key to our customer’s processes.
If you are interested in producing innovative solutions to engineering challenges and are excited to see your package designs become reality in front of you, we’d like to hear from you.
A typical week and responsibilities could include….
Prospecting & Negotiating
- Growing the business through new and existing accounts via traditional and digital channels, eg
- Product broadcasts
- Effective use of tools such as LinkedIn
- Full use of our CRM etc
- Developing relationships with key accounts in assigned territory
- Effectively managing the quote log and follow up as needed
- Increasing rapport with customer via effective troubleshooting of current system
- Populating data sheets and check VDR during negotiation process
- Visiting customers to establish needs or discuss solutions
Measurement, Advice & Design
- Undertaking a design review with colleagues and/or customers.
- Managing design drawings, layouts and documents via CAD during the negotiation process and after order placement
- Developing a P&ID for a new project.
- Selecting and specifying in detail main components for a project such as valves, instruments etc. based on Atlas Copco standards and/or based on Customer Project Specifications.
- Drafting request specifications and making sure that parts are ordered on time.
- Coordinating information flow between customer and relevant departments.
- Auditing compressed air systems, Undertaking flow calculations & present results
- Tracking projects development, complying with the documentation requirements as set out per VDR dates
- Provide information to Service Planners and Engineers to ensure timely project completion and commissioning
- Provide technical support to both external and internal customers within the sales process on all products, including responding to technical queries.
This position would suit a customer focused engineer who thrives on having the responsibility for the complete project delivery, including commercial negotiations, technical submittals, project management and delivery
The person we are looking for is….
- Customer-oriented: You will be able to work independently and deal with people and our customers effectively even under pressure.
- Holding an undergraduate level qualification in mechanical/electrical engineering (or equivalent engineering experience) is a distinct advantage.
- Ambitious and eager to grow: You will be passionate about finding new solutions and improving our processes with an active interest in developing your skills.
- Passionate about technology: We embrace the integration of new IT tools within our processes and make sure our employees keep up to date on the latest technology. We are utilizing the Office365 platform and apps across the organisation.
- Knowledge of SAP is an advantage.
- A flexible approach is essential, to tackle a wide variety of tasks and ensure they are completed to the requirement deadline.
- Proven experience in selling industrial equipment, ideally compressed air equipment.
- Strong ability to negotiate and close orders.
- A technical aptitude, with exposure to compressed air and generator applications and products
- Experience and understanding of good engineering practices
- Strong digital skills in business and engineering packages
- Ability to use digital communication aids to enhance the sale process and deliver a clear message
- Willingness to drive change and digitalization in the marketplace
- A real ambassador for Atlas Copco
In return for your commitment, we can offer you…
- A friendly and supportive team, ready to welcome you.
- Training from day one, with at least 40 hours of training offered per year.
- A competitive benefits package, including a desirable pension scheme.
- Work-life balance is a must for us.
- A satisfying career – We are passionate about the development and progression of our employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering essential
- CAD experience or qualification essential
- Experience with interpreting mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- 2 - 5 years compressor industry experience preferred
- Strong communicator, particularly able to influence at senior levels of an organisation.
- Professional, ethical approach to business.
- Flexible, equally comfortable working in the field, at home or in the office as the work dictates
- Calm under pressure, with high levels of resilience.
- Team player and ability to engage with all levels of people both internally and externally
Start a journey towards something greater
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our caring culture and leading-edge technology enable us to innovate for a sustainable future. With us you become part of a global community of passionate people making a tangible impact on people’s lives.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.