– A slotted rotor rotates eccentrically in the chamber formed by the cylinder and cylinder end plates.
– Since the rotor is off-center and its diameter smaller than that of the cylinder, a crescent-shaped chamber is created.
– The rotor slots are provided with vanes that move freely to divide the chamber into separate working chambers of different sizes.
– As a result of the centrifugal force, which is often reinforced by the compressed air, the vanes are forced against the cylinder wall to seal the individual chambers.
– The actual efficiency of these seals is a function of what is called ”internal leakage”.
1. Front end plate
5. Rear end plate
Atlas Copco Tools and Assembly Systems . Ground Floor, Mantri Alpine -301 Bavdhan Bk, Maharashtra ,Pune-411021 India.
Easily handle your Atlas Copco orders and errands whenever it suits you. Note this is only for registered partners, please contact us to know more.