Are you struggling to keep your operation cost per laser-cut part low? Does it interrupt production every time you need to change the nitrogen cylinder or refill your tank? Whatever your reason for reviewing your nitrogen supply, we are here to help!
Use of Nitrogen in laser cutting
Nitrogen is vital as the assist gas to the laser cutting process because of its inertness. Purity of the gas is an important factor in overcoming the tendency for discoloration of laser-cut edges and to provide a high-quality finish. Nitrogen is also critical in:
- Working as a blanket to prevent burning during the applications.
- Establishing a barrier between atmospheric oxygen and the heated metal edge
- Assisting in heat dissipation, so the cut edge will cool faster
Benefits of on-site Nitrogen generation for laser cutting
Watch our key customer MCV - Manufacturing Commercial Vehicles success story in laser cutting applciation
A compressed air installation, complete with air treatment equipment, a nitrogen generator, a booster and all necessary vessels and controllers are mounted on one compact, pre-commissioned skid. This plug-and-play system delivers nitrogen at 40 or 300 bar. The 40 bar variant is suitable for all applications that require high-pressure nitrogen, such as laser cutting, injection molding and some oil and gas applications. The 300 bar variant is ideal for filling your own cylinders.
The nitrogen skid is complete and compact at the same time. One integrated system means no sizing or complicated calculations are needed. These machines are included:
- A "GA VSD+ compressor" with air treatment equipment, Atlas Copco’s most efficient oil-injected screw compressor. Energy –efficient, compact and reliable, this compressor delivers highly efficient, clean and dry compressed air at a low energy cost.
- An "NGP+ nitrogen generator" , Atlas Copco’s newest generation of PSA nitrogen generators. Efficient and reliable, but also outfitted with extensive safety and monitoring features. The NGP+ integrates perfectly with the GA VSD+ and requires little maintenance.
- A nitrogen booster that brings the nitrogen from the NGP+ to 40 or 300 bar.
- Storage, to complete your installation, the necessary nitrogen receivers (40 bar) or cylinder battery (300 bar) is mounted onto the skid.
All components are tested and pre-commissioned to work as one system and your entire installation can be covered by one service agreement.