Atlas Copco Rental Europe has developed and constructed the Power Pack specifically for the offshore renewable energy industry. The Power Pack is tailor-made as an agile power solution for offshore applications like wind farms. It allows on-site personnel to source everything required and maximize the available footprint to its fullest potential.
Because we work with pioneers and trailblazers in the offshore green energy industry, Atlas Copco Rental is committed to supplying specialized Temporary Solutions, like our Power Pack, that decrease operational costs, footprint, and emissions. While at the same time increasing efficiency and safety.
The Power Pack consists of:
- Offshore specs lightweight (<1.000 kg)diesel generators
- Single 70 kVA or in parallel 140 kVA prime power available
- Multi-voltage alternator 400-690V 50Hz or 480-690V 60Hz
- Smart Power Management module for increased flexibility
- Lower fuel consumption and increased fuel autonomy
- Integrated satellite & GPRS remote monitoring system
- Offshore certified lifting frame ISO EN10855-1 or DNV2.7-1
- Fully bunded fuel tank with a 1.700-liter capacity
The Power Pack can be installed on the offshore asset as a combined unit via the installation vessel or crane in a single lift. The dimensions are made as such that up to 4 Power Packs can be installed on a 20ft flatrack. If necessary, during mobilization / demobilization or rotation from asset to asset, each Power Pack can be easily split into 4 units of less than 1.000kg each and lifted to and from a CTV by using the onboard TP crane.
In addition to agility, performance counts as well. For example, outstanding performance against high transient inrush currents, making the Power Pack ideal for heavy electrical motor startups – like wind turbines.
A single generator can power the current turbines, which means one of the generators in the Power Pack will not be running and instead operate as a standby generator that only starts up in case of an out-of-the-ordinary demand. This, in turn, leads to significantly reduced fuel consumption and extended service intervals.