– A slotted rotor rotates eccentrically in the chamber formed by the cylinder and cylinder end plates.
– Since the rotor is off-center and its diameter smaller than that of the cylinder, a crescent-shaped chamber is created.
– The rotor slots are provided with vanes that move freely to divide the chamber into separate working chambers of different sizes.
– As a result of the centrifugal force, which is often reinforced by the compressed air, the vanes are forced against the cylinder wall to seal the individual chambers.
– The actual efficiency of these seals is a function of what is called ”internal leakage”.
1. Front end plate
5. Rear end plate
Atlas Copco Industrial Assembly Solutions UK & Ireland Customer Center
Unit F Tyburn Trading Estate, Ashold Farm Road,
Birmingham B24 9QG, UK
Registered Address: Second Avenue, Deeside Industrial Park, Flintshire CH5 2NX
Company Reg. No: 01873269
Registered in England and Wales
Easily handle your Atlas Copco orders and errands whenever it suits you. Note this is only for registered partners, please contact us to know more.