Why do we need Air-assisted tensioners?
We had customers using spring assisted return tensioners where they particularly complained about springs losing their tension, in due course of time and needed some last bit of retracting to be manually done. This keeps increasing as time passes and leads to more effort as with manual piston return type tensioners. We listened to these customers and developed the Airbac patented technology.
Features of the Airbac Tensioner
- Hands free complete piston retract
- Upto 3.5 times faster retract than spring return
- Every charge gives same retract force as new
- No break in work due to vulnerable spring failures
- Highly corrosion resistant electroless nickel plating.
- Just 6 load cells cover ¾” to 4” bolt sizes.
- Fits all standard O&G flange applications.
Saving the pain
A quicker way of working
The revolutionary Airbac tensioner from Atlas Copco offers one of the quickest and safest way of bolt tensioning. Process times are reduced, and the work becomes easier for the operator, whilst the unique design requires less frequent maintenance than conventional spring assisted tensioners.