Until now, you had the choice between fixed-speed air compressors and Variable Speed Drives (VSD). The first is the most economical to buy, the other the most cost-efficient to own and operate. But what if there is a third option? Enter the GA FLX compressor, the very first dual-speed rotary screw compressor developed and built by Atlas Copco.
The fundamentals of compressing air rarely change. That makes the introduction of the GA FLX dual-speed compressor by Atlas Copco a really big deal.
New: a dual-speed compressor
A dual-speed compressor can operate at two motor speeds, one for maximum capacity and a minimum speed. The latter reduces energy consumption when air demand is lower and the compressor goes into unload. That positions the GA FLX squarely between a fixed-speed GA compressor (which can only operate at 100% motor speed) and a GA VSD. A VSD can adapt its motor speed completely to the fluctuations in air demand).
5 reasons why you will love GA FLX compressor
- 20% energy savings reduce your total cost of ownership.
- Flexible pressure setting without compromising air flow or FAD.
- A smaller footprint, 50% smaller than its fixed-speed GA counterpart.
- Customized performance with a wide range of options.
- Atlas Copco quality ensures industry-leading energy efficiency and reliable operation.
GA FLX delivers savings no fixed-speed compressor can
A dual-speed lowers transient losses. This is a result of its minimum unload motor speed and the fact that it can start up (faster) with a system under pressure. Because of the inherent limitations of its technology, a fixed-speed model can never really reduce these energy losses, no matter how efficient it is.
The importance of transient losses
Experience the GA FLX in your space with interactive tool
Ever wondered how the GA FLX would fit into your space? Our Augmented Reality (AR) feature lets you visualize the compressor right in your environment. Whether you are on the go with your mobile or comfortably browsing on your desktop, the GA FLX AR experience is just a click away.
- Scan & explore: simple scan the QR code using your mobile device's camera app.
- Click & load: tap on the pop-up link and watch the magic unfold.
- Place & view: Follow the easy instructions to scan your surroundings and place the compressor right where you want it. See it from every angle, in your very own space!
- Click the Link: Access our AR experience directly from your desktop.
- Discover & interact: Dive into a detailed exploration of the compressor.
The first dual-speed compressor | The technology that drives energy efficiency
The complete guide to dual-speed compressors & the GA FLX