Recently, the Atlas Copco team visited a commercial vehicle manufacturer to discuss what features they would like to have for their new operator guidance system, Scalable Quality Solution (SQS3).
One of the features that the customer would like to have for their process is that when they enter a new serial number in the SQS operator guidance, they would like to have the SQS configurator automatically apply updated configurations to their workstations, calling for the updated tool and torque.
Luckily, SQS has an automatic update feature as one of the “Create Update” options. Some of our competitors do not have this feature of applying updated configurations when entering a new serial number. This automatic update feature is not only convenient, but it also saves the customer time and money.
The serial number is not the only way our customers can set up SQS to apply updated configurations to their workstations. Below are other ways users can set up SQS to apply updated configurations:
- Manual with password: Enter a four-digit password to protect the update. Alternatively, click the generate button to generate such a password. At the workstation, the operator will have to enter the password in order to apply the update, which happens as soon as the current product is released from the station.
- Specific date: Specify date and time for applying the update. If a product is still signed in at the specified time, the update will be applied after the product is released from the work station.
- In Identifier: The update will be applied as soon as the product with the specified identifier is detected at the workstation.
- Immediately: The update will be applied as soon as the current product is released from the workstation.
- In sequence: The update will be applied as soon as the specified sequence is detected at the workstation.
Questions? Contact Atlas Copco today.