Did you know that generating your own nitrogen is commercially viable and an easy Do-it-yourself option for the food and beverage industry?
The broad technical requirements for varying gas flow rates are:
- Nitrogen Pressure: 4-5 bar
- Nitrogen purity: 99.5-99%
The current market trend in Nitrogen is moving from traditional liquid and cylinder to becoming your own independent supplier of nitrogen gas.
The two predominant technologies include nitrogen separation using membrane technology (for low to medium purities) and pressure swing adsorption technology ( for medium to high purities).
The choice of technology depends on flow requirements and the need for right purity for the lowest economic cost of generation. The opportunity these technologies present to customers include:
- Reducing gas costs (lowest cost of generation per m3)
- Become independent of the gas supplier (no dependency of third party suppliers)
- Non-stop availability: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- No safety hazard when handling high-pressure cylinders
It is thus widely used in the food & beverage industry for processing and bottling/packaging of food products.